Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society?
- The CFBTS is a registered charitable organization that was formed in 1978 by Calgary Firefighters Local 255 to raise money to help provide care for burn victims in hospital burn units in Calgary and surrounding areas. The CFBTS oversees fundraising for the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Centre and ensures that funds are available for upgrades, as necessary, to the highly specialized equipment. It also provides the burn unit health care team with opportunities to attend continuing education programs to remain current in new treatment techniques.
Where is the Burn Treatment Centre?
- It is located at the Foothills Medical Centre, 1403 29th St. N.W. Calgary, Alberta. It can be found on the 3rd floor of the Main Building, Unit #31.
How can I help out or get involved?
How do I go about making a donation?
- The quickest, easiest, and most secure way to make a donation is to do so online or, if you prefer, you can mail your cheques to:
Please do not send cash in the mail. Cash donations will be accepted at any of our fundraising events held throughout the year.
- The Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society
- Suite #136, 440 – 10816 Macleod Trail South
- Calgary, AB T2J 5N8
Are donations tax deductible?
- Yes. If your donation was made directly to the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society we will mail your tax receipt to you within 4 – 6 weeks. If you have a question about your receipt, please contact the CFBTS directly at gro.stbfcnull@ofni.
Registered Charity #11891-5925RR0001
Where do the funds raised or donated go?
- The CFBTS has essentially no overhead or administration costs and is managed and operated by firefighters who volunteer their time. All money raised by CFBTS during the year is accumulated and then presented to the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Centre at the conclusion of each annual campaign which ends in November.
Where can I get a Hotstuff calendar?
- The Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society Hotstuff calendars are available annually starting in early fall. They can be purchased at any of our Hotstuff events, or ordered online. Proceeds from the sale of all calendars go directly to the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society.