Legacy Giving

Legacy giving is an easy and beautiful way to share the success you’ve experienced in life, continue to support the causes you’ve cared about, all while ensuring many generations of families will benefit from the best health care possible through CFBTS’s sustained mission.

Did you know that you can make a significant and lasting contribution to the CFBTS through a gift in your Will? Wills are more than just legal documents to distribute your personal assets—they can be powerful tools to support innovations in health care.

Many find leaving a bequest in their will the simplest way to make a significant donation while still taking care of their own future and that of their loved ones. You may choose a specific dollar amount or a percentage of residual assets. Even 1% of your estate could result in a truly powerful gift, still leaving 99% for family and friends. Your estate will receive a charitable receipt and a reduction on taxes.

Alternatively, you may wish to designate the CFBTS as a beneficiary of your RRSP/RIF as they become fully taxable as income in the year of death. This may have significant tax benefits for your estate and is easy to change in the event of altered circumstances.

Contact us for more information.

Brianne Underwood               or               Thomas Kerr

     Brianne@cfbts.org                            Thomas@cfbts.org

We encourage you to talk to your family about your plans and always seek professional legal, estate planning and/or financial advice when making decisions about your Will.